Thursday, September 16, 2021

Can I Stop Paying Child Support if My Child Comes to Live with Me? The Answer May Surprise You!


In this video Attorney Terri Herron is going to discuss about Can I stop paying child support if the child comes to live with me?

When a divorce is finalized, a court determines which parent will receive custody of your child. Courts require that both parents provide for their children, keeping them in the same financial situation as if they were still living together. Thus, the non-custodial parent pays child support.

There are many factors courts consider when determining custody rulings and child support payments.

If you want to know that can I stop paying child support if the child comes to live with me?

Technically, until your child support obligation is legally terminated by court order, you are required to continue paying support to the other parent. However, in this situation, it's quite likely that the court will terminate your child support obligation once you make the appropriate motion for a modification.

No comments:

Post a Comment